Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Questions, Nakedness & Pennies

Since my blogs really have no rhyme or reason, and I don't know that anyone really reads them anyway -- I'm gonna go with RANDOM as my topic for today. Starting with ask.com's Jan '09 list of what New Yorker's asked most in 2008.

Prepare to be scared, tickled and astonished to read the top-searched 2008 queries in New York that address the most random, most embarrassing, most creepy, and most concerning aspects of city life. Here are 10 of the more interesting bits:

Is it illegal to spit on someone in NY?
Who is the Naked Cowboy?

How do I remove auto dealership decals?

Are M-80s illegal in NY?
How do I block my phone number?

Is it illegal to photocopy currency?

How do I induce labor naturally?

Is it illegal to street race in NY?

How can I stalk someone?

How do I pass a polygraph?


Although the rest were somewhat concerning (does the M80 guy want to know for ownership or tattletale purposes?), I find myself compelled to google (cause I'm not an ask.com kinda gal) the naked cowboy.

Per wikipedia:
Robert John Burck, better known as the Naked Cowboy, is an American busker whose patch is on New York City's Times Square. He wears only cowboy boots, a hat, and briefs, with a guitar strategically placed to give the illusion of nudity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Cowboy

My favorite part of the wiki-entry:
During the 2008 American presidential election Burck was a staunch supporter of John McCain, remarking that the Republican candidate was "older and wiser" than his opponent Barack Obama. (Really? The naked guy is a conservative?) Additionally, on November 22, 2008, he became an ordained minister, and on December 10, 2008 he was officially registered as a marriage officiant by the City of New York. (And, if you want - he'll marry you and your loved one!)

Moving on. I'm visiting Jameson von Monkey Man in July - and I can't wait! I haven't seen him since early May! Now, the only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is being seen next to him in a bathing suit. There. I said it. My greek god boyfriend puts me to shame. LOL But I don't care because I get to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the same vein, I've been trying to exercise as much as my body will allow - and it's ridiculously frustrating. No complaints - I am doing it. Maybe I should just take a cue from the 'almost naked man' and not give a damn?

Another random: I read post secret this past Sunday (yes, Jameson, I did. Sue me.) and someone sent in this secret: "When I see a penny as tails, I flip it over as heads. I hope you find one."

1) How is this a secret?
2) Unless you pick up the penny - see #3? (... all day long you have good luck.)
3) ... isn't this what everyone does?

Just my 1 cent. LOL

And I retire on that thought.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks HOT in the bikini, Mr. von Monkey Man. Tell her about 5 times just to piss her off ;)

Anonymous said...

sandpaper works great to get rid of the decals, just gotta scrub real hard.

WenD said...

HAHA I wondered if anyone would try to answer the other New Yorker's questions?! (Great tip!)

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention, it will take the paint off as well.