Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Look at the baby."

There's my wife. See that? Always smiling? Hi, honey.
Judging, watching, "Look at the baby."

Vince Vaughn, Old School


I'm probably gonna go to hell for writing this blog, or at least friend hell. Though, lately - I feel like I'm already there (with some people, don't go hating on me if you fall into the married or w/child and/or pregnant categories!). I can't go anywhere without people asking me about marriage or babies or something along those lines. Or telling me about theirs. There are no other subjects or things that are interesting to anyone anymore. Well, apparently that gene skipped me. Attention all: I don't want any kids. There, it's been announced, stated, shared, blogged, etc.

I go to family reunions and am, ironically, banished to the 'kid' table. I am invited to weddings ... and all but ignored since I don't want to have one, so apparently - there is nothing for me to contribute. I try to get into all of it, but when there is nothing BUT it - what do you do?

I heard once "friendship is an involuntary reflex," so when did everything become so difficult? I have to chase some friends down, and no one wants to come to my house anymore -- it's always about me coming to them. Apparently the reflex is only if I make the effort?

I'm gonna chalk this one up to growing pains, or a shifting of priorities. By no means do I want to abandon my friends - I guess I'm just looking for someone to come to 'the dark side' where the childless and unmarried hang out. Ya know, where you used to?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babies love the taste of Drano, from what I hear.

WenD said...

I have a hunch who "anonymous" is ... LOL

Anonymous said...

You have no idea...

Molly said...

I hear ya Wendy, you don't want kids....so instead you can come over and watch and hold mine :) Its okay not to have kids, and you will get married one day and I want to be in the wedding, and possibly get drunk and your reception....you can sit at the adult table :)

WenD said...

Mol, you should know that my brother populated the earth for me (6 kids!) Also, should I ever get married, I'm eloping - there will be no white weddings or "adult/kids tables" to even think about! HAHA