Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Heart Zombieland.

I liked Shaun of the Dead ... I LOVED Zombieland. Perhaps it's the idea of surviving the zombie apocalypse on my turf (the good old US of A) or the rag-tag cast of characters?


The horror comedy genre is quickly becoming my favorite with fresh, innovative scripts, career revivals and upstarts. Woody Harrelson and Emma Stone breath life into this zom-com with the skill only natural delivery can provide. Zombieland focuses on Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson's character's who have found a way to survive a world overrun by zombies. Columbus (Eisenberg) is - in a word - a wuss, afraid of his own shadow. His set of "Rules for Surviving Zombieland" is what - he feels - keeps him alive. Tallahassee (Harrelson) is an gun/shovel/banjo/bat-toting, zombie-slaying' hard ass whose single goal in life (sadly) is to find a Twinkie. They unwittingly join forces with Wichita (Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin), two sisters that have used their special set of skills to survive the plague.

Zombieland has what the original Scream had - a set of rules that it abides by, constantly dancing around the rules, and changing it up. It has cameo's, and unexpected funny/gory parts. It makes you jump, even when you know it's coming -- and it makes you route for the good - or bad - characters, because sometimes, they seem like one and the same! Go see it on the big screen and take a break from reality - it's totally worth the admission fee!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds very interesting....it will have to be something I see. I love how you reviewed it though, very creative and descriptive. You should do that to every movie you see, it would save me a lot of time :)

WenD said...

Thanks for the feedback, Mol! (I have a reader!! LOL) I do review many of the movies I see - a few are posted on here -- scroll down (or look to the right nav for previous entries).