Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Trump Card


"In my book, The Trump Card, published by Touchstone Books/Simon & Schuster, I try to impart to readers that 'We've all been dealt a winning hand and it is up to each of us to play it right and smart.'"
Ivanka Trump
(The Donald's daughter)

Born October 30, 1981 to former Olympic alternate (Czech ski team), model and socialite Ivana Trump and billionaire, real-estate mogul, socialite, author and television personality, Donald Trump.

She is an heiress to the Trump fortune (billions), both in part to her father's and her mother's.

Recently engaged to the owner of the NY Observer, with a SIX-carat engagement ring. (Raise your hand if you could retire on investing that ring alone??)

At 27, she is Executive vice-president of the The Trump Organization [2009].

I don't think any more statastics are needed to make my point. Her cards are not the same as ... my cards, for instance. In her defense, I'm not calling her on the same level as Paris Hilton - nowhere near in fact - but I think she may want to reexamine different walks of life before she makes such a rash comment. In the statement itself, she mentions her book deal! What 27 year olds with no real writing experience are getting published, and quoted before the book release? *Laughter ensues ....*

To be fair, I read another article where she held her own. In this article, she also admits to the nepotism that got her in the door -- it's who you know, marketing, and with her, the name! If I decided to go out and pursue the same dreams ... do you think ABC would do a news story on me? Or that people would seek out my jewelry boutique? I doubt it.

No comments: